Every year I release my top ten movies from January-June and then post another list for July-December. Last year I skipped July-December. Honestly, lately I’ve been feeling a little bit uninspired. I don’t know or understand why. A drought maybe? I lost my my planner where I write down all of the films I watched during the year, so here’s hoping I bought all my tickets on Fandango.
10. Glass: PG-13 I love M. Night Shyamalan, I loved Split and Unbreakable. I don’t care what anyone else has to say about his films, he’s a favorite of mine.
9. The Upside: PG-13 This reminds me a bit of Me, Before You, except without the love story.
8. Tolkien: PG-13 No one even heard about this film. It was a fantastical version of what Tolkien’s life was like. I’m a huge fan of Tolkien, so I thoroughly enjoyed it.
7. Shazam!: PG-13 One of the better DC films, but not as good as Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
6. Captain Marvel: PG-13 I think Brie Larson got a bum wrap on this one. It was a good movie and I loved all of the 90s throwbacks.
5. Long Shot: R Seth Rogen is hilarious, actually so is Charliez Theron, who would have thought so?
4. Toy Story 4: PG While yes, this is a great movie, they should have stopped at 3. I enjoyed it and cried nonetheless
3. Yesterday: PG-13 This is such a great movie about what would have happened if there were no Beatles!!!
2. Booksmart: R OMG!! This was a very smart, funny, brilliant comedy. I loved it.
1. Avengers: Endgame: PG-13 How can this not be my #1? It’s the end of an era, 11 years in the making and it was AMAZING!!!!!
So there you have it my top 10 movies January-June 2019. There were some slim pickings but we pulled through and got it done!! The picture below doesn’t relate to anything, but I love the Mary Poppins!!!