I’m obsessed with the Star Wars saga, so much so that I believe Star Wars could really happen. Come on, with the billions of galaxies out there, there has to be a Luke and Leia, Anakin and Padme. All kidding aside, (or am I kidding?) I do go so far as to make my husband watch the films in chronological order, leading up to a new films release. I don’t watch them in the order they were made, it doesn’t make sense. Here is a list of how I would rank the films from the worst to the greatest. Side note, this is a ranking of only the films, not anything on TV, or movies only involving Ewoks. I will say, The Mandalorian is AWESOME!
11. Star Wars: Episode VIII — The Last Jedi (2017): This film is awful. I’ve reviewed it before. Read my other blogs for the reviews. One of two Star Wars films I don’t own on DVD.
10. Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace (1999): This was boring, but Ewan McGregor is nice as Obi-Wan. I’d rather watch Jar-Jar Binks than The Last Jedi any day.
9. Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope (1977): I used to not like this movie, but Rogue One made me have a greater appreciation for it.
8. Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018): This is a good film, especially the end. I feel bad that the hate for The Last Jedi overshadowed a fun movie with a charismatic lead. The other Star Wars film I don’t own on DVD. Still better than The Last Jedi though.
7. Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens (2015): Just a retelling of The Phantom Menace and A New Hope, except with a girl.
6. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016): Darth Vader at the end, WOW!
Now it’s getting harder….
5. Star Wars: Episode II — Attack of the Clones (2002): Padme is a character young girls can look up too. Sand getting everywhere is better than The Last Jedi and Hayden Christensen is perfect as Anakin, oh and Ewan McGregor is Obi-Wan.
4. Star Wars: Episode VI — Return of the Jedi (1983): The Ewoks are adorable and the Rebels won!
3. Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker (2019): A nice way to “end” the saga. I don’t think it’s over, but who knows.
2. Star Wars: Episode V — The Empire Strikes Back (1980): A nice twist, but Luke still kissed his sister, yuck.
1. Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith (2005): I know that this is a controversial choice, but this has the BEST Lightsaber fight in the entire saga. It’s not without its issues.
I don’t care what anyone says, we’re all entitled to our own opinions and this is mine.